- 24 hour Emergency Wardens
- Animal Welfare
- Animal friendly hotels
- Awards & Recognition
- Corporate and group days
- Dog Fouling
- Dog Friendly Pubs
- Dogs Barking
- GSPCA Build Appeal
- GSPCA Committee
- GSPCA Membership
- GSPCA Opening & Visiting Times
- Gert the GSPCA Duck - Fun for kids
- Guernsey Animal Law
- Guernsey Dog Tax Law
- Our Team
- Restrictions on Beaches in Guernsey
- St Andrews Floral Group & Conservation Work
- Stray Cockerels & Hens
- Transporting animals in and out of Guernsey
- Adoption costs at the GSPCA
- Boarding Facilities
- Cat Adoption
- Choosing a Puppy
- Comments & Feedback
- Dog Adoption
- Dog Behaviour
- Dog Training
- Education and Schools
- Fostering Scheme
- Guided Tours at the GSPCA
- Lost & Found Advice
- Microchipping only £4.99 & advice
- Pet Bereavement Advice Page
- Pet Cremation Services
- Pet supplies and products on sale
- Room hire at the GSPCA
- Training & Courses
- Vote for a staff member or volunteer
Help protect Guernsey pets while providing funding for the island’s leading animal charity.
Rossborough has pledged to give £10 to the Guernsey Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals each time an islander takes out pet insurance.
The partnership is a huge boost for the charity, which recently unveiled plans for a multi-million pound redevelopment of its site in St Andrew’s.
‘Running the shelter is extremely expensive – it costs around £2,000 a day – so we are extremely grateful for each and every donation we receive. Rossborough’s initiative is a great one because not only does the charity benefit but it also encourages people to take out pet insurance, which can be really important,’ said GSPCA manager, Steve Byrne.
‘By teaming up with Rossborough we can combine two essential activities of the GSPCA and at the same time helping give pet owners peace of mind in many ways for their beloved animal and also that they are helping support animal rescue and care in Guernsey.’
Pet insurance is primarily designed to cover vets’ bills for the treatment of illness and injury. Other policy benefits can include meeting the cost of advertising should a pet go missing, rewards for lost pets and care for your animal should you have to go into hospital.
Tony De Sousa, director at Rossborough, said the initiative was aimed at encouraging islanders to protect their pets while at the same time benefitting the GSPCA.
‘Rossborough is a huge supporter of the GSPCA, which does a fantastic job in the island on very limited funds. Earlier this year, we gave the charity almost £1,500, half of which was raised by staff during dress down days and half donated by the company. The money was used to help redevelop the seal pup unit there which is just one part of the Animal Shelter’s ongoing upgrade,’ he said.
‘Looking after a pet properly can be costly and it’s important that when things go wrong, or an animal gets sick, which they inevitably do, pet owners have the security of insurance to ensure that their animal can be seen by a vet without the fear of huge bills mounting up.’
The average pet insurance claim is now £420 for pedigree cats and £469 for pedigree dogs, but claims can run into thousands of pounds. Pedigree animals are often prone to specific illnesses, so pet insurance can be very cost-effective. For example, Labradors often need surgical treatment for torn cranial cruciate ligaments, which can cost thousands.
Preventative treatments like neutering, vaccinations and flea or worm control, along with any pre-existing conditions, will not be covered. Nor will anything to do with pregnancy or birth.
Policies range from £9 to £35 a month.
- Rossborough was established on the 17th October 1936 by Reginald A Rossborough. Little is known about Mr Rossborough other than he was a familiar member of the local social scene and a very proficient business “getter”.
- Rossborough is committed to being the broker of choice to buyers of insurance in the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
- In 2012, Rossborough became Jersey’s only Chartered Insurance Broker. This celebrated accolade, which only around 100 companies in the UK hold, is awarded in recognition of a company’s professionalism and high levels of customer service.
- In December 2013, Rossborough’s parent group was acquired by a leading global broker, Arthur J Gallagher & Co, giving Rossborough clients access to specialist insurance teams around the world.