- 24 hour Emergency Wardens
- Animal Welfare
- Animal friendly hotels
- Awards & Recognition
- Corporate and group days
- Dog Fouling
- Dog Friendly Pubs
- Dogs Barking
- GSPCA Build Appeal
- GSPCA Committee
- GSPCA Membership
- GSPCA Opening & Visiting Times
- Gert the GSPCA Duck - Fun for kids
- Guernsey Animal Law
- Guernsey Dog Tax Law
- Our Team
- Restrictions on Beaches in Guernsey
- St Andrews Floral Group & Conservation Work
- Stray Cockerels & Hens
- Transporting animals in and out of Guernsey
- Adoption costs at the GSPCA
- Boarding Facilities
- Cat Adoption
- Choosing a Puppy
- Comments & Feedback
- Dog Adoption
- Dog Behaviour
- Dog Training
- Education and Schools
- Fostering Scheme
- Guided Tours at the GSPCA
- Lost & Found Advice
- Microchipping only £4.99 & advice
- Pet Bereavement Advice Page
- Pet Cremation Services
- Pet supplies and products on sale
- Room hire at the GSPCA
- Training & Courses
- Vote for a staff member or volunteer
Submitted by Steve on 18:27, 10th Feb, 2015 | 0
Normally found much further North it is unusual to see a Lesser Black Back Gull in Guernsey during the Winter.
On the 1st February a 1 year old female Lesser Black Back Gull was rescued near Route des Capelles unable to fly.
Once at the GSPCA she was cared for initially inside and then put in one of the rehabilitation flights.
The young bird was named 'Orchard' and a close eye kept on her during the first 24 hours to monitor the condition of her wings.
Submitted by GSPCA on 11:33, 6th Aug, 2013 | 0
Today Shelter staff and volunteers had the pleasure of a local expert in Gulls give a talk on their movements, the tracking of them and their behaviour.
Paul Veron who has been ringing birds since 1976 and has rung over 53,000 himself since starting has a wealth of knowledge that he shared with the GSPCA team before they started their work.
Paul talked primarily about the movements and ringing work of the Herring Gull, Black Back Gull and Lesser Back Gull all of which breed around the Bailiwick.