- 24 hour Emergency Wardens
- Animal Welfare
- Animal friendly hotels
- Awards & Recognition
- Corporate and group days
- Dog Fouling
- Dog Friendly Pubs
- Dogs Barking
- GSPCA Build Appeal
- GSPCA Committee
- GSPCA Membership
- GSPCA Opening & Visiting Times
- Gert the GSPCA Duck - Fun for kids
- Guernsey Animal Law
- Guernsey Dog Tax Law
- Our Team
- Restrictions on Beaches in Guernsey
- St Andrews Floral Group & Conservation Work
- Stray Cockerels & Hens
- Transporting animals in and out of Guernsey
- Adoption costs at the GSPCA
- Boarding Facilities
- Cat Adoption
- Choosing a Puppy
- Comments & Feedback
- Dog Adoption
- Dog Behaviour
- Dog Training
- Education and Schools
- Fostering Scheme
- Guided Tours at the GSPCA
- Lost & Found Advice
- Microchipping only £4.99 & advice
- Pet Bereavement Advice Page
- Pet Cremation Services
- Pet supplies and products on sale
- Room hire at the GSPCA
- Training & Courses
- Vote for a staff member or volunteer
Submitted by GSPCA on 16:02, 29th Nov, 2012 | 0
After a check over today the GSPCA can confirm that at least one of the 3 female guinea pigs that were found in the same box as 4 males in St Martins earlier this week is pregnant.
We currently have a total of 14 adult guinea pigs at the GSPCA and will have many more in the next month or so.
The gestation period of guinea pigs is approximately 2 months and they often have 3 to 5 offspring which are called pups. For the vet to identify that at least one is pregnant then she is likely to be at least 5 weeks and due very soon.
Submitted by GSPCA on 13:44, 26th Nov, 2012 | 0
Today 7 guinea pigs were found abandoned outside St Martins Church.
All quite young the 7 guinea pigs were found in a very dirty blue box.
This is the second group of guinea pigs that have been found abandoned inn Guernsey in the last month. Thankfully both groups were found and were brought into the Shelter but the GSPCA would urge anyone that needs to rehome their pets and not to dump them as it puts them at risk.